With the school holidays on the way and the typical British weather making a comeback you’ll be eating outdoors, so make it sustainable this summer with these top tips:
- Most of you packaging can be recycled such as paper, card, cardboard, glass bottles, jars, cans, tins and plastic bottles.
- Avoid wasting food by only cooking enough for the people attending and if you still have food left, save it for lunch the next day.
- Use reusable cutlery and crockery rather than plastic disposable options.
- Buy loose fruit and vegetables rather than in outer packaging and always place the food in reusable containers rather than in cling film or tin foil.
- Try to buy local produce to reduce the carbon footprint and provide support to local farmers.
Recycling is becoming second nature to most of us now but we can always do more! If you need advice on how to increase your business recycling call us on 01707 375 891.